What is Hard Water
-Hard water is a kind of water that contains calcium or magnesium mineral ions that often in the form of carbonate
-These ions do not pose any health threat, but they can engage in reactions that leave insoluble mineral deposits.
How to Descale/Clean the Kettle?
1. Filling the kettle with 1 cup of vinegar or lemon juice and 2 cups of water.andnbsp;
2. Boiling the liquid and leave it for 2 hours, then use a cloth to clean and wipe.andnbsp;
3. Rinse the kettle with clean water, and dry with a soft, clean cloth.andnbsp;
4. Repeat as needed.
1. It’s normal if your kettle exposes spots or rust on the stainless steel bottom after the first use if the water quality in your area is so hard.
2. When you choose a preset with Keep Warm Mode on, and then lift the kettle during heating; the CO117-DK will continue the heating process if the kettle is returned to the base within 1 minute.
6 One-Touch Presets: Choose from 6 temperature presets for multiple types of beverages, so you can enjoy the best flavor with the right temperature
1 Hour Keep Warm: Maintain temperatures for up to 1 hour after the water reaches your desired temperature; Easily turn it off by pressing and holding START/CANCEL for 3 seconds
2 LED Indicators: The kettle lights up blue while it’s boiling and then lights up white during Keep Warm mode
Food-Grade Material: The kettle is crafted with 304 food-grade stainless steel in its housing, lid, and filter, and features a borosilicate glass body to keep your water free from plastic while it’s boiling
Easy to Fill & Clean: The wide mouth and 80° lid make filling the kettle a breeze; To descale the kettle, add ½ cup of vinegar and 2 cups of water, then boil the mixture
Family Sized Kettle: Boil enough water for the whole family with the 7-US-cups / 1.8-qt / 1.7-L capacity; The convenient measurement marks on the scale help you boil the perfect amount of water
Fast & Safe: Enjoy boiled water in only 3–7 minutes; STRIX thermostat technology ensures the kettle will automatically turn off when it reaches the right temperature; Boil-dry protection automatically turns off your kettle if there’s no water in it
Note: AC 120V, 60Hz Power Supply; 1500W Rated Power; Please note that this voltage only applies to the US and Canada